Issue View | Council I | 2016 Biennial Meeting
The Issue that you selected is shown below. If you click on "Word Document File with Tracking," you will open a Word document version of the Issue. Because the document you will be opening is in Word format, you will need to use Word functions to save or print the Issue. When you view or use this Word version, the internal html functions will no longer work. Closing the screen will return you to the Start icon.
Issue Number: Council I 013
This is a brand new Issue.
Report - Unattended Food Establishment Committee (UFE)
Issue you would like the Conference to consider
The 2014 Conference Issue 2014-I-019 created the Unattended Food Establishment Committee and charged the committee with three goals:
- Develop recommendations on whether and how the Food Code should be modified to address unattended food merchandising operations,
- Continue to review the "Guidance Document for Unattended Food Establishments" and any existing guidance from FDA and others to update the CFP guidance document that could assist states when addressing the need to have alternative protective provisions in place when approving a waiver or variance for entities that do not meet section 2-101.11 and 2-103.11 of the 2013 Food Code, and
- Report back at the 2016 Biennial Meeting with a recommendation to Council I.
Public Health Significance
This committee work was essential to address an increase in the scope and number of unattended food establishments across the country. These three charges were critical to understanding the proper approach for the Conference for Food Protection to consider when addressing these new facilities.
Recommended Solution: The Conference recommends...
- Acknowledgement of the 2014 - 2016 Unattended Food Establishment Committee final report, and
- Thank the committee members for their work and efforts on the committee.
- "FDA Unattended Food Service Establishments" (1) (2015)
- "PIC Duties Unattended Food Service Establishments" (2) (2015)
- "NAMA Technical Bulletin-Micro Markets" (3) (2015)
|Name||Chris Gordon, Council I Chair, on behalf of UFE Committee|
|Organization||Virginia Department of Health|
109 Governor Street
13th Floor-Office of the Commissioner
Richmond, VA 23219