Issue View | Council II | 2016 Biennial Meeting
The Issue that you selected is shown below. If you click on "Word Document File with Tracking," you will open a Word document version of the Issue. Because the document you will be opening is in Word format, you will need to use Word functions to save or print the Issue. When you view or use this Word version, the internal html functions will no longer work. Closing the screen will return you to the Start icon.
Issue Number: Council II 012
This is a brand new Issue.
Amend VNRFRPS – Standard 4 – Uniform Inspection Program (Part 2)
Issue you would like the Conference to consider
Amend the FDA Voluntary National Retail Food Regulatory Program Standards (VNRFRPS) No. 4 - Uniform Inspection Program to reflect recommendations from the 2012 CFP Uniform Inspection Program Audit Pilot Project Report.
The Pilot Project Report is attached to the "Part 1" Issue on this topic; Issue titled: Amend VNRFRPS - Standard 4 - Uniform Inspection Program (Part 1)
The report is also currently posted on the CFP website at:
Public Health Significance
The 2012 CFP Uniform Inspection Audit Pilot Project Report evaluated the Uniform Inspection Program process and audit worksheet as tools for conducting the quality assurance evaluations in Program Standard No. 4.
Implementing the following changes will address some of the recommendations provided in the Pilot Project Report, while also providing greater flexibility, improved program quality assessment, and greater consistency between Program Standards No. 2 and No. 4:
- Clarify that jurisdictions may assess additional performance elements as part of their field assessment process. However, for the purposes of achieving conformance with the Standard, only the performance elements specified in the Standard will be used to assess conformance with the Standard.
- Clarify that the assessment of the performance elements is not an all-or-nothing approach. (For instance, someone that misses one risk factor out of 10 risk factors during a field assessment may still achieve an acceptable level of performance/uniformity on a particular performance element.)
- Clarify that enrolled jurisdictions may wish to create a field assessment tool that includes specific comments and feedback for the individual food safety inspection officer.
- Clarify how establishments should be selected for the field assessment process.
- Provide specific guidance about the file review process.
- Clarify who should conduct the field assessment and associated file review.
Recommended Solution: The Conference recommends...
that a letter be sent to the FDA requesting that the Voluntary National Retail Food Regulatory Program Standards (VNRFRPS), Program Standard No. 4 - Self-Assessment Instructions and Worksheet, be amended to reflect the changes shown in "Attachment A - Instructions and Worksheet for Conducting a Self-Assessment" (language to be added is underlined; language to be deleted is in strikethrough format).
|Organization||Food and Drug Administration|
5100 Paint Branch Parkway
HFS-320 Rm 3B038
College Park, MD 20740