Issue View | Council III | 2018 Scribe Packet
The Issue that you selected is shown below. If you click on "Word Document File with Tracking," you will open a Word document version of the Issue. Because the document you will be opening is in Word format, you will need to use Word functions to save or print the Issue. When you view or use this Word version, the internal html functions will no longer work. Closing the screen will return you to the Start icon.
Issue Number: Council III 002
This is a brand new Issue.
Report – Special Process Controls Committee (SPCC)
Issue you would like the Conference to consider
At the 2016 Biennial Meeting of the Conference for Food Protection, the Special Process Controls Committee was created and charged (Issue: 2016-III-034) to:
1. Review current FDA Food Code specialized processes, including curing and reduced oxygen packaging (ROP) in sections 3-502.11 and 3-502.12 to determine when and if food safety hazards could be controlled by a plan less than a full HACCP plan as defined in 8-201.14.
2. Report back findings and recommendations to the 2018 biennial meeting of the Conference for Food Protection.
Public Health Significance
Special Processes are those retail food service processes that are more like food manufacturing processes rather than traditional retail or food service processes. Consequently, the FDA Food Code mandates the use of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point principles (HACCP) for most of these processes. Any HACCP guidance that CFP can provide to operators and regulators would enhance the food safety of these processes.
Recommended Solution: The Conference recommends...
- Acknowledgment of the 2016-2018 Special Process Controls Committee report;
- Thanking the members of the Committee for their work; and
- That the Committee be disbanded.
- "Committee Final Report" (Original) (1)
- "SPCC Member Roster" (2)
- "Single Hazard Special Process HACCP Template Guidance Document" (Original) (3)
- "SHSP HACCP Template for ROP of Raw Meat, Cheese, Frozen Fish" (Original) (4)
- "SHSP HACCP Template for Curing as a Single Special Process" (Original) (5)
- "SHSP HACCP Template for Sushi Rice Acidification" (Original) (6)