Issue View | Council II | 2018 Biennial Meeting
The Issue that you selected is shown below. If you click on "Word Document File with Tracking," you will open a Word document version of the Issue. Because the document you will be opening is in Word format, you will need to use Word functions to save or print the Issue. When you view or use this Word version, the internal html functions will no longer work. Closing the screen will return you to the Start icon.
Issue Number: Council II 013
This is a brand new Issue.
Report - Program Standards Committee (PSC)
Issue you would like the Conference to consider
The Conference for Food Protection (CFP) Program Standards Committee seeks Council II's acknowledgment of the committee's final report and thank the committee members for their work and dedication during the 2016-2018 biennium.
Public Health Significance
The Voluntary National Retail Food Regulatory Program Standards (Retail Program Standards) were developed to serve as a guide for regulatory retail food program managers in the design, management, and execution of a retail food program with the public health outcome of reducing foodborne illness risk factors. The Program Standards Committee is a standing committee reporting to the CFP Executive Board. The Committee provides ongoing input to the FDA on issues that arise with the Retail Program Standards. The Committee serves the Conference by indirectly assisting Retail Program Standards enrollees in making progress towards meeting the Retail Program Standards. The Committee continues to work with the FDA internal Program Standards working group and the FDA Clearinghouse Workgroup to clarify and address questions about the Retail Program Standards.
Recommended Solution: The Conference recommends...
1. Acknowledgment of the 2016-2018 Program Standards Committee Final Report; and
2. Thanking the Committee members for their work and dedication during the 2016-2018 biennium.
The Conference also recommends that a letter be sent to the FDA requesting clarification on an outstanding charge from Issue 2016-II-009 to provide a cost/benefit analysis for recognizing partial achievement of the Voluntary National Retail Food Regulatory Program Standards (VNRFRPS); this clarification is needed for the Committee to continue working on this charge in the 2018-2020 biennium.
The Conference further recommends the Program Standards Committee, a CFP standing committee, be charged with the following during the 2018-2020 biennium:
1. Examine whether there is an additional burden placed on enrollees or FDA (in time, money, or added complexity of the Standards) associated with development of a system to ensure that jurisdictions are uniformly recognized for partial achievement of the Standards (charge originally assigned via Issue 2016-II-009);
2. Continue work on a cost/benefit analysis for recognizing partial achievement of the VNRFRPS following clarification from the FDA (as noted above) (charge originally assigned via Issue 2016-II-009);
3. Identify inconsistencies in language between all Standards in the VNRFRPS; and
4. Report back the Committee's findings and recommendations to the 2020 biennial meeting.
- "Program Standards Committee_2018_final_report" (1)
- "2016-2018 PSC Committee Roster" (2)
- "Final 2016-2018 PSC Workplan" (3)
- "Std 6 Summary of Proposed Change" (4)
- "Std 6 Proposed Changes" (5)
- "Std 6 Instructions for Conducting a Self-Assessment" (6)
- "Standard Key Crosswalk to Code" (7)
- "Std 3 Proposed Changes" (8)
- "Crosswalk-Requirements for Foodborne Illness Training update" (9)
- "2016 II-009 subcommittee report" (1)
- "2016 II-015 subcommittee report" (2)
- "2016 II-018 subcommittee report" (3)
- "Re-evaluation of VNRFRPS Standard 8 Subcommittee Report (Revised 1.5.2018)" (4)
- "Self-Assessment - Audit Verification Summary & Gap Analysis Audit" (5)
- "NCS Background Information" (6)
- "CFSRP Background Information" (7)
- "Voluntary National Retail Food Regulatory Program Standards - Standard 8" (8)
- "Standard 8 - Average Inspection Time by Risk Categorization" (9)
- "Standard 8 - FTE to Inspection Ratio Calculator (Using Median Inspection..." (10)
- "Standard 8 - Productive Hours Calculation Without Outliers" (11)
- "Standard 8 - Report Data Analysis Update" (12)
- "Standard 8 - Sample Comparison of Current to Proposed Inspections to FTE" (13)
- "Standard 8 - Survey Responses for Median Frequency Other Inspection Types.." (14)
- "Standard 8 - Proposed Model Without Outliers" (15)
- "Manufactured Food Regulatory Program Standards Appendix 8.2" (16)
Submitter Information 1
|Organization||Program Standards Committee|
Minnesota Department of Health Food, Pools and Lodging Services Section
625 Robert Street North
St. Paul, MN 55164-0975
Submitter Information 2
|Organization||Program Standards Committee|
St. Louis County Department of Health
6121 North Hanley Road
Berkeley, MO 63134